The school has;
- 39 new flexible learning spaces
- A large Collaborative learning Space and seated Gallery area
- Covered Outdoor Learning Areas - COLAs
- Fully landscaped areas and play equipment and;
- Administration and staff facilities
An adventurous and modern design, learning spaces will change and grow as students and groups use them in their own personal style.
Our school aspires to be outstanding through the purposeful creation of innovative learning environments that promote the development of creative and critical thinkers capable of deep inquiry.
This encompasses the utilisation of technology-based platforms to engage in teaching and learning and a commitment to collaborative teaching in flexible learning spaces.
With a rapidly growing enrolment, including those from non-English speaking backgrounds (87%) and students who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (1.4%) along with three classes that cater for students with disabilities Galungara Public prides itself on its inclusive environment.
As a school community, we have identified three strategic visions for the future in which we prioritise;
· ensuring our students acquire the necessary skills in literacy and numeracy
· enacting an agile learning culture that encapsulates the whole child and;
· cultivating student agency so that students have voice and choice in their learning.
Underpinned by the school’s motto, Inspire. Create. Flourish and values, Excellence, Integrity and Trust, the school is developing strong community links.